Following on from my Cryptic Computing (Quiz Round) post, I thought I’d add another round from that most enjoyable evening.
Test Your Musical Knowledge
Most of the songs featured are fairly well-known so for someone like myself who enjoys a wide range of tunes, they shouldn’t be too much of a challenge.
Have a go at guessing the song title and artist for the following song opening lines. Answers can be found further down the post. No peeking!
- Six o’clock already. I was just in the middle of a dream.
- I got my first real six string. Bought it at the 5 and dime.
- Tommy used to work on the docks.
- All my love, all my kissing. You don’t know what you’ve been missing
- One, two, three o’clock, four o’clock, rock
- Mama, just killed a man.
- I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon, but to settle down and write you a line
- Well I’m gonna raise a fuss, I’m gonna raise a holler
- Picture yourself in a boat on a river. With tangerine trees and marmalade skies.
- If everybody had an ocean, Across the U.S.A.
- The silicon chip inside her head. Gets switched to overload
- Ma, take this badge off of me. I can’t use it any more.
- Lay where you’re laying. Don’t make a sound
- I was born in a crossfire hurricane. And I howled at my ma in the driving rain
- Hot town, summer in the city. Back of my neck getting burnt and gritty.
- I found my thrill…
- Well, she was just 17, You know what I mean.
- Sittin’ in the mornin’ sun. I’ll be sittin’ when the evenin’ come.
- Hey where did we go, Days when the rains came.
- It’s a little bit funny this feeling inside. I’m not one of those who can easily hide.
- It was Christmas Eve babe, In the drunk tank.
- Comin’ to ya on a dusty road, Good lovin’. I got a truck load.
- I’ve travelled this old world of ours from Barnsley to Peru. I’ve had sunshine in the arctic and a swim in Timbuktu
- Never know how much I love you. Never know how much I care.
- A long long time ago. I can still remember how that music used to make me smile.
Just to break up the answers from the questions and to stop you from inadvertently peeking, I thought I’d add a YouTube clip at this point.
This is a song by one of the artists in the quiz, although not as popular as the song featured.
Hope you enjoyed that! And now…
- Manic Monday – Bangles
- Summer of 69 – Bryan Adams
- Livin’ On A Prayer – Bon Jovi
- Oh Boy – Buddy Holly
- Rock Around The Clock – Bill Haley and the Comets
- Bohemian Rhapsody – Queen
- You Wear It Well – Rod Stewart
- Summertime Blues – Eddie Cochran
- Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds – The Beatles
- Surfin’ USA – The Beach Boys
- I Don’t Like Mondays – Boomtown Rats
- Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door – Eric Clapton / Bob Dylan / Guns n Roses
- Sex On Fire – Kings of Leon
- Jumpin’ Jack Flash – The Rolling Stones
- Summer in the City – Lovin Spoonful
- Blueberry Hill – Fats Domino
- I Saw Her Standing There – The Beatles
- Sittin’ On The Dock Of The Bay – Otis Redding
- Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
- Your Song – Elton John
- Fairytale of New Yorkl – Pogues featuring Kirsty MacColl
- Soul Man – Sam & Dave / Blues Brothers
- I’ve Never Met A Nice South African – Spitting Image
- Fever – Peggy Lee / Ella Fitzgerald
- American Pie – Don McLean
There’s nothing special here so please feel free to use this quiz as your own, but if you do publish it somewhere, why not include an acknowledgement and a link back to this blog page?
Finally, why not post how well you did below?