Tricky one this. Surprisingly for such a common word, there really aren’t that many songs out there with the word windows in the title.
True enough, if you do a search on any lyrics site, you’ll get quite a few, but they’re from some pretty obscure groups and artists.
In alphabetical order then:
- Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window – Bob Dylan
- Cars Hiss By My Window – The Doors
- From A Window – The Beatles
- Girl In The Window – Bruno Mars
- How Much is That Doggie in the Window – Patti Page
- I Threw A Brick Through A Window – U2
- Keep Passing The Open Windows – Queen
- Lookin’ Through The Windows – The Jackson 5
- Flowers In The Window – Travis
- Mr Wu’s A Window Cleaner Now – George Formby
- Open Your Window – Reverend and the Makers
- Our Window – Noah and The Whale
- She Came In Through the Bathroom Window – The Beatles
- Steamy Windows – Tina Turner
- The Window Song – The Kooks
- When I’m Cleanin’ Windows – George Formby
- Window In The Skies – U2
- Window Licker – Aphex Twin
- Window Shopper – 50 Cent
- Window Song – Finger Eleven
- Window To The Soul – The Kooks
- Windows To The Soul – Steve Vai
The Best Windows Song?
Hmm.. Trying to pick the best from a bad bunch isn’t easy. I’m tempted by George Formby in honour of my childhood memories.
However, I think I’ll plump for some classic early U2, from the days before Bono disappeared up his own rear end:
Not Those Windows
You might be surprised though to know that a search on YouTube for windows songs reveals dozens of the following:
Keep watching. It gets better about halfway through!
A Bit Of Analysis
Well, like I said, there’s not many of them out there and most of those listed above were not actaully released as singles.
What is more unusual though is that groups and artists who have released one song with windows in the title, then often seem to go on to release another…
How’s that for brief?